Each year, on August 7, to the sound of the fifes and drums, the pilgrims travel the paths to the chapel Saint-Donat. Since 1878, this procession pays tribute to the secondary patron saint of the parish of Sainte-Maxime and calls for rain during a ceremony rooted in local traditions.
This story is only covered by news sources that have yet to be evaluated by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform. Learn more here.
Each year, on August 7, to the sound of the fifes and drums, the pilgrims travel the paths to the chapel Saint-Donat. Since 1878, this procession pays tribute to the secondary patron saint of the parish of Sainte-Maxime and calls for rain during a ceremony rooted in local traditions.