Trump Admin Quietly Walks Back Claim of 16K Noncitizens Voting in Nevada - The Nevada Independent
DHS officials told Nevada election administrators they had identified just 185 potential noncitizens and had not fully vetted the original 15,903 figure.
10 Articles
10 Articles
The federal government acknowledged that the initial data was preliminary and that thousands of records had not yet been manually reviewed.
Trump administration claimed more than 15K possible noncitizens registered to vote in Nevada; officials say they’ve confirmed under 200
DHS says it has confirmed 185 possible noncitizens on Nevada’s voter rolls, far below its initial estimate of nearly 16,000.
Homeland Security walks back on Nevada voting claims — Donald Trump’s 16,000 noncitizen claim collapses to 185
The Department of Homeland Security has significantly reduced its estimate of noncitizens registered to vote in Nevada. Fewer than 200 probable noncitizen voters were identified after review, compared to the approximately 16,000 previously cited by the White House. This discrepancy raises new questions about President Donald Trump’s claim that large numbers of noncitizens are on electoral rolls. White House figure faces new questions The White H…
Trump DHS henchman cut off and humiliated by Nevada official for state pronunciation
When DHS officials got on a call with Nevada's election officials to discuss the Trump administration's claims of noncitizens on the state's voter rolls, the state's top elections official had a lot to push back on, including the mispronunciation of his state.As a DHS official spoke, Nevada Deputy Secretary of State for Elections Mark Wlaschin cut in. "Sorry, super quick. I'd be remiss and every fellow Nevadan would lose their mind if I didn't c…
Trump Administration Can't Prove Noncitizen Voter Claims
Alex Brandon/AP Photo The Department of Homeland Security has been unable to substantiate its claim nearly 16,000 noncitizens registered to vote in Nevada more than one month after it was alleged, the New York Times reported Friday. The Trump administration claimed exactly 15,903 noncitizens in Nevada were part of a group of 278,000 who were allegedly registered in four states. “But during a meeting last week with state election administrators, …
DHS Reverses Explosive Illegal Migrant Voting Fraud Claim
Internewscast Journal Internewscast The Department of Homeland Security said thousands of noncitizens appeared on Nevada’s… This Post: DHS Reverses Explosive Illegal Migrant Voting Fraud Claim first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













