Derek Chauvin files petition to vacate state murder conviction in death of George Floyd
- On Wednesday, billionaire Elon Musk wrote on X that former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin was "unjustly convicted of murder" and "should be freed," following Chauvin's Tuesday petition alleging "structural error" in his 2021 trial.
- Chauvin is serving a 21-year federal sentence for violating the civil rights of George Floyd, who died in 2020 after video footage showed the officer kneeling on his neck for more than nine minutes.
- Last year, Musk advocated for President Donald Trump to consider pardoning the former officer, marking a reversal from his 2020 stance when he feuded with the Trump administration.
- Right-Wing activist Jack Posobiec replied, "it's time for truth to prevail," while Utah GOP Sen. Mike Lee posted a bullseye emoji in response to the billionaire.
- The former officer, who was stabbed in an Arizona prison in 2023, is currently seeking postconviction relief while Musk recently told The Economist he got "a little too involved in politics.
24 Articles
24 Articles
Elon Musk calls for Derek Chauvin’s release after convict claims George Floyd case was unconstitutional
The billionaire posted on X after Derek Chauvin filed a motion to pause his appeal, claiming Gov. Tim Walz unlawfully assigned Attorney General Keith Ellison to prosecute his murder case.
Elon Musk Says Derek Chauvin Is 'Not a Murderer' as Convicted Officer Fights To Overturn George Floyd Case
Elon Musk has claimed that Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, is 'not a murderer', as the ex-police officer launches a fresh legal bid to overturn his 2021 conviction. Musk made the assertion on X on Wednesday, hours after it emerged that Chauvin, now 50, had filed new court papers challenging his prosecution. Elon Musk Defends Derek Chauvin on X To recall, Chauvin was convicted in April 2021 of se…
Derek Chauvin Challenges Floyd Murder Conviction as Unlawful
Internewscast Journal Internewscast Judge approves new lawyer for Bryan Kohberger in Idaho murder trial A… This Post: Derek Chauvin Challenges Floyd Murder Conviction as Unlawful first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Derek Chauvin Seeks Dismissal of All Charges in Bombshell Petition Alleging ‘Entire Trial Was a Fraud’ › American Greatness
Derek Chauvin’s attorney has filed a petition seeking to dismiss the murder charges against Chauvin, alleging that Minnesota Governor Tim Walz (D.), Attorney General Keith […] Source
Derek Chauvin targets George Floyd murder conviction with new claims his prosecution was unlawful
Derek Chauvin filed a new petition to vacate his George Floyd murder conviction, asking the Minnesota Court of Appeals to stay his current appeal to argue new claims.
Chauvin files request for stay of appeal on state murder charges
SAINT PAUL, MINN. – Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has filed a motion in the Minnesota Court of Appeals requesting to stay his ongoing appeal so he can pursue a third petition for postconviction relief in Hennepin County District Court. The motion, filed Aug. 18, 2026, by attorney Gregory J. Joseph, argues that newly identified constitutional violations created “structural error” in the original proceedings, depriving courts of …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 59% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
























