WNBA Denounces ‘Bad-Faith’ Transgender Debate and Says League Has No Eligibility Issues
The league said there are no immediate eligibility issues and will hold more stakeholder talks and listening sessions on transgender athletes.
- The WNBA denounced "bad-faith" efforts to use transgender topics to marginalize others on Wednesday, stating there are no immediate eligibility matters affecting the league following an anti-hate task force meeting.
- WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert sent a memo last Friday to team presidents and general managers, initiating league-wide discussions on transgender women in basketball aligned with league values.
- Indiana Fever player Sophie Cunningham faced protests in Seattle and Portland last week after voicing support last month for barring transgender girls and women from sports.
- Ex-NBA players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White declared eligibility for the WNBA Draft identifying as women, while the league's collective bargaining agreement restricts play to "only players who are women."
- The WNBA plans to engage stakeholders in coming weeks while Seattle Storm center Stefanie Dolson and Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve have publicly voiced support for transgender athletes.
79 Articles
79 Articles
A Master Class In Trolling [Updated]
Royce White was a star basketball player who washed out of the NBA, in large part because he couldn’t fly on airplanes. He has since dabbled in politics, and was (rather shockingly) the GOP nominee for the US Senate in 2022, losing to Amy Klobuchar. White tossed his hat into the ring again this year, but didn’t get far. But the WNBA’s gender confusion opened the door for Royce White to join Enes Kanter Freedom in declaring for the WNBA draft. Wh…
WNBA Suddenly Needs Time to Evaluate Men Competing, But the League Wasn't Confused in This Resurfaced Post
As the WNBA tries to fathom what the “W” in their own name stands for, its own past statements on social media are revealing the entity’s biases against their own […] The post WNBA Suddenly Needs Time to Evaluate Men Competing, But the League Wasn't Confused in This Resurfaced Post appeared first on The Western Journal.
WNBA denounces ex-players' 'bad-faith' trans stunt
The WNBA has denounced two former NBA players who mockingly declared themselves eligible for the women’s league by claiming to identify as women. Former NBA (National Basketball Association) players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White have claimed they are eligible for the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association) draft. The draft isn’t until next April. Freedom, […] The post WNBA denounces ‘bad-faith efforts’ by ex-NBA players claiming to …
WNBA Denounces Critics as League Faces Pressure to Clarify Transgender Eligibility Rules › American Greatness
The WNBA denounced what it called “bad-faith” criticism Wednesday as the league faces growing pressure to establish a clearer policy governing transgender athletes and eligibility […] Source
WNBA Says No Immediate Eligibility Changes After Player Participation Review
Jul 20, 2026; Arlington, Texas, USA; New York Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu (20) shoots against Dallas Wings guard Azzi Fudd (35) during overtime at College Park Center. Mandatory Credit: Chris Jones-Imagn Images(New York, NY) – The WNBA
WNBA Blasts 'Bad Faith' Actors Causing Division Amid Trans Debate
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGAZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA The WNBA is clapping back at former NBA players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White, who have recently sparked a conversation about the league’s rules on transgender athletes, after vowing to declare for the 2027 Draft. In a new statement, the WNBA denounced the moves made not only by Freedom and White, but by others who have attempted to turn the topic of transgender athletes into a political debate. WNB…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 51% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
































