Vance Says Iran Is Not Accepting 'Red Lines' Set by Trump as Second Round of Nuclear Talks End
Progress in US-Iran nuclear talks includes technical advances, but Iran rejects key US conditions amid rising military tensions and deployments in the Middle East, officials say.
- On Tuesday, U.S. Vice President JD Vance said talks in Geneva showed progress but Tehran remains unwilling to accept some of President Donald Trump's red lines.
- Amid military drills, a senior Iranian official told Al-Jazeera that Iran was 'practically ready' to carry out Khamenei's threats against the U.S. and was training for various response scenarios.
- The U.S. deployed the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford with six destroyers, alongside about 50 fighter jets and three squadrons of F-15E fighter jets in Jordan, in recent weeks.
- Vice President JD Vance warned the United States retains multiple options, including military power, while Iran said it would return within two weeks with detailed proposals and both sides will draft language before a third round.
- In Israel, officials are pessimistic about talks and note Tehran refuses to address missiles and proxies, while Israel's Security Cabinet convenes Thursday amid heightened emergency readiness.
25 Articles
25 Articles
Iran upbeat after U.S. talks but Vance says 'red lines' not met
Iran's supreme leader had warned earlier in the day that the country had the ability to sink a U.S. warship recently deployed to the region, after Trump alluded to "consequences" should the two sides fail to strike a deal
US Vice President JD Vance acknowledged that Iran did not recognize key US demands during Tuesday's nuclear talks. After the meeting, Washington announced that it had given Tehran two weeks to resolve the differences between the parties, the Wall Street Journal reports.
JD Vance says Iran talks 'mixed,' Tehran still rejects Trump nuclear red lines
Vatican Says It Will Not Participate in Trump's Board of Peace. Over 80 Berlin Film Festival Alumni Sign Open Letter Urging Organizers to Take Stance on Gaza . Immigration Judge Rejects Trump Effort to Deport Palestinian Student
Vance: "Some Progress" In Geneva Talks, But Iran Yet To Acknowledge U.S. Red Lines
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief GENEVA (Worthy News) – U.S. Vice President JD Vance said Tuesday that the second round of nuclear negotiations with Tehran yielded “some progress,” but cautioned that Iran has yet to acknowledge or work through key American red lines set by President Donald Trump. “In some ways it went well. They agreed to meet afterward,” Vance said in an interview following the Geneva session. “But in o…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 35% of the sources are Center, 35% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















