Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

US Navy says 2,300 Americans expected at Perth AUKUS base

Cook says the AUKUS facility will remain Australian, while officials plan for more than 2,300 US personnel to support submarine rotations.

Summary by Crikey
The ranks of civilian and military workers at an AUKUS base in Western Australia are set to swell to 2,300 Americans, many more than previously indicated. Meanwhile, Donald Trump’s Board of Peace has issued its first construction contract in Gaza. The post US Navy says 2,300 Americans expected at Perth AUKUS base appeared first on Crikey.

6 Articles

Sydney Morning HeraldSydney Morning Herald
+3 Reposted by 3 other sources
Lean Left

‘It won’t be a US military base’: Cook stands firm on HMAS Stirling future

WA Premier Roger Cook has backed the stance of the Albanese government that the US Navy presence in the state will not be a US base on Australian soil.

·North Sydney, Australia
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 80% of the sources lean Left
80% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Crikey broke the news in Melbourne, Australia on Thursday, August 6, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal