Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

US Military Moves 15 Million Barrels Through Hormuz Amid Standoff with Iran

U.S. forces have helped move more than 660 million barrels of oil and escorted about 1,300 vessels since early May, Centcom said.

  • The United States military has facilitated the transport of over 660 million barrels of oil through the Strait of Hormuz despite Iran's blockade over the past months, according to Central Command.
  • Navy Captain Tim Hawkins, a spokesperson for the force, said it has assisted some 1,300 vessels since early May, noting that "Multiple routes remain free and open for commercial transit."
  • Operations involve between 15 and 20 tankers entering and exiting nightly along the coast of Oman, with officials asserting control of the southern lane for two months to bypass The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
  • Earlier this week, President Donald Trump announced an "economic D-Day" against Iran, promising the "most crushing economic operation ever taken against any country" to isolate the regime.
  • Washington threatened "economic consequences" for any country providing a lifeline to Iran, urging Allies to join the United States in isolating Tehran to prevent terror projection.
Insights by Ground AI

14 Articles

Lean Right

US Energy Secretary Chris Wright confirmed on Saturday that the US military helped transport more than 15 million barrels of oil through the Strait of Hormuz last Tuesday...

·Amman, Jordan
Read Full Article
Right

While data from companies active in tracking ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz indicates a decrease in tanker traffic in the strait, the United States claimed that several million barrels of oil have been transported through this waterway.

·Tehran, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 80% of the sources lean Right
80% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

The Telegraph broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Thursday, August 20, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal