Interim Peace Deal in Limbo
A senior Iranian source said talks to restore the June accord have stalled, while new attacks on shipping have deepened doubts about a final deal.
- Iranian sources reported that talks to revive the June interim ceasefire deal have stalled, with no progress made in defining a time frame to implement commitments between Iran and the United States.
- The June interim agreement, intended to terminate military operations, unraveled after Iranian sources claimed the US violated terms within 48 hours and subsequently withdrew from the deal.
- On Tuesday, a suspected Iran-backed Houthi attack killed four crew members in the Bab el-Mandeb Strait, while a U.S. Navy helicopter disabled a second ship's steering gear the same day.
- President Donald Trump asserted on Wednesday that the United States maintains "total control" over the Strait of Hormuz, which remains blocked as Iran demands conditions be met before reopening.
- Trump claimed "Iran is all talk and no action" on Truth Social, while Tehran maintains that Washington reneged on commitments to lift the blockade of Iranian ports and release frozen assets.
14 Articles
14 Articles
Gulf stuck in war-and-peace limbo
The “region cannot remain in a state of neither war nor peace indefinitely,” Anwar Gargash, diplomatic adviser to UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, warned this week. But this limbo looks likely to persist. US President Donald Trump is taking a “low-key” approach to squeezing Iran economically, while his energy secretary says as many as 15 million per day of the prewar 20 million barrels of oil that passed through the Strait of Hormuz are m…
Source: No progress on reviving US–Iran deal
Iran and the United States remained at loggerheads Wednesday over efforts to end their war, according to a senior Iranian source who said there was no progress in talks to revive an interim deal agreed to in June.
Iran says no progress on US deal as Gulf shipping attacks mount
Iran and the United States remain at loggerheads over efforts to agree a permanent end to the war in the Gulf, according to a senior Iranian source, who said there had been no progress in talks to revive the interim deal agreed in June and define a time frame to implement it. The comments came […]
The United States of America and Iran continue to accuse each other of undermining the agreements reached in June.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left, 40% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















