CDC Requiring some Former Cruise Passengers to Stay in Hantavirus Quarantine
The CDC said 11 linked cases have been reported, including 3 deaths, as officials monitor exposed passengers for symptoms.
- On Tuesday, the CDC issued quarantine orders for two cruise passengers now at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, with acting director Jay Bhattacharya signing the orders.
- Last Wednesday, the World Health Organization reported 11 hantavirus cases linked to the cruise, including three deaths, with the Andes virus potentially spreading between people in rare cases.
- Among the 18 passengers being assessed at the Nebraska Medical Center, the remaining 16 have been asked to stay through May 31 according to the CDC.
- It remains unclear why the CDC ordered quarantine for only some passengers, as quarantine separates and restricts movement of exposed individuals to monitor for potential illness.
- Public health officials state the risk to the general public remains low, with eight cases confirmed by laboratory tests so far from the cruise outbreak.
56 Articles
56 Articles
American passenger on hantavirus-hit cruise feels ‘blindsided’ and ‘misled’ by new quarantine orders
An American passenger who was exposed to the Andes strain of hantavirus on the cruise ship HV Hondius said he feels “blindsided” and “misled” by new orders that require staying at the National Quarantine Center in Nebraska under federal supervision.
Hantavirus Outbreak Update: Two US Passengers From Cruise Ship Quarantined, Additional Cases Reported Across Three Countries
Health authorities are closely monitoring a developing situation after two US passengers returning from a cruise ship were placed under quarantine in Nebraska following concerns linked to hantavirus exposure. The cases form part of a wider international alert, with additional suspected infections reported across France, Spain, and Canada. While officials stress that confirmed infections remain limited, the evolving timeline and incubation uncert…
The 18 people who were evacuated to the United States, from the Canary Islands, after traveling on a cruise where an outbreak of hantavirus was reported will remain in mandatory quarantine until May 31, said the country’s health authorities on Tuesday. Returnees, 17 U.S. citizens and a British resident in the United States, will remain at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, considered the only quarantine center in the country funded by th…
CDC Quarantines Cruise Passengers After Hantavirus Outbreak Sickens Travelers
Federal health officials ordered two cruise passengers into mandatory quarantine and asked 16 others to remain under monitoring in Nebraska after a hantavirus outbreak aboard ... The post CDC Quarantines Cruise Passengers After Hantavirus Outbreak Sickens Travelers first appeared on [your]NEWS.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



















![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)



