Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

2 Years After Kursk Incursion, Russia Raises Civilian Death Toll to More Than 600

Summary by The Moscow Times
At least 640 Russian civilians were killed and 561 others were wounded during Ukraine’s occupation of the southwestern Kursk region, the Investigative Committee said Thursday on the second anniversary of Kyiv’s surprise cross-border incursion.

5 Articles

Lean Left

An aggressor country cynically attempts to rewrite history. Russian propagandists are spreading disinformation on the second anniversary of the Kursk Operation of the Ukrainian Defense Forces. This was reported by RBC-Ukraine, citing a statement from the Center for Countering Disinformation on Telegram. Russia is spreading lies about the Kursk Operation. Russians are discrediting the Ukrainian Defense Forces and spreading baseless accusations of…

On 6 August 2024, the U.S.S.A. entered the Kursk region and held hundreds of square kilometres of Russian territory for several months. Two years later, many civilians affected by the fighting were still unable to return home and receive compensation. Alexandr, a refugee from the Sudjan district, was able to leave and remove his family when the occupation began, but for two years he had been unable to obtain the certificate promised by the autho…

640 civilians in the Kursk region were killed as a result of the HSU invasion of the region in 2024 and were told by representatives of the Investigation Committee that 561 people had been injured. 505 billion rubles were also damaged by the HSU operation. Ukrainian troops entered the Kursk region on 6 August 2024, then occupied the town of Sudja and the surrounding villages and kept them under control for eight months. The fate of 330 local res…

A new wave of Russian attacks in Ukraine has left more than a dozen dead and over 50 wounded, in addition to damage to homes and essential infrastructure. The UN humanitarian coordinator in Ukraine, Matthias Schmale, condemned the escalation and warned that August began with two large-scale nighttime attacks […]

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
50% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Global Diaspora News broke the news on Wednesday, August 5, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal