UCL: Osimhen names himself among world's best three strikers
Victor Osimhen claims Napoli president blocked his Juventus transfer and froze him out, leading to a €75 million permanent move to Galatasaray after initial loan.
- On Tuesday, Victor Osimhen, Galatasaray attacker and Super Eagles striker, said he had hoped to join Juventus before preparing for their Champions League first leg.
- Victor Osimhen said the dispute began when Napoli posted mocking TikTok videos, leading him to remove photos of himself in a Napoli shirt and claim the club turned fans against him.
- `They tried to send me everywhere, they treated me like a dog,` Osimhen said, adding Napoli pushed him around almost like a puppet, but he refused that treatment.
- Napoli froze him out before the 2024/25 season, failed to register him, loaned him to Galatasaray, then sold him for €75 million last year.
- The episode raises questions about player treatment in football, Victor Osimhen said he faced racist insults ahead of the Champions League Round of 16 tie.
18 Articles
18 Articles
Osimhen: Napoli Treated Me Like A Dog
Victor Osimhen has broken his silence on his controversial exit from Napoli in 2024. Speaking in a chat with Gazetta dello Sport, the Super Eagles forward said his issue with Napoli began after videos mocking him were posted on the club’s TikTok page. He said he decided to pull down all the images of him in Napoli shirt from Instagram and the club decided to incite the fans against him. On how he missed a penalty in a Serie A match during the he…
Osimhen reveals conversation with Conte before leaving Napoli for Galatasaray
Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has confirmed that he rejected the chance to stay at Napoli after speaking with manager Antonio Conte. Speaking with Gazzello dello Sport, Osimhen insisted that Conte asked him to stay. He was addressing reports that had claimed Conte did not want him to remain in Italy. The 27-year-old said he decided to leave, because he wasn’t happy in Naples anymore. Osimhen said: “When Conte came in, he called me into hi…
Osimhen Says Napoli Broke Gentlemen’s Agreement and Blocked Juventus Move
News Ghana, Latest Updates and Breaking News of Ghana, News Ghana, https://www.newsghana.com.gh/osimhen-says-napoli-broke-gentlemens-agreement-and-blocked-juventus-move/Galatasaray striker Victor Osimhen has spoken candidly about his final months at SSC Napoli, claiming the Italian club broke a gentleman’s agreement and treated him unfairly despite his role in their historic 2022 to 2023 Serie A triumph. In an exclusive interview with Gazzetta d…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 67% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





