Two-time champion Carlos Alcaraz says he will miss Wimbledon because of lingering wrist injury
- Carlos Alcaraz announced his withdrawal from Wimbledon on Tuesday, citing a persistent wrist injury that will also see him miss the grass-court swing at Queen's.
- Sidelined since the Barcelona Open on April 14, Alcaraz is dealing with tenosynovitis, an inflammation of the tendon sheath that previously forced withdrawals from the French Open and Italian Open.
- British tennis icon Greg Rusedski urged caution on his podcast, citing Juan Martin Del Potro's career: "He doesn't want to be like Juan Martin Del Potro, who came back too early."
- Jannik Sinner now enters Wimbledon as the overwhelming favorite to defend his 2025 title, while Novak Djokovic continues pursuit of a record 25th major amid the shifted competitive landscape.
- Alcaraz confirmed on Instagram that recovery is progressing but he remains unable to compete, stating: "We'll keep working to come back as soon as possible." Timeline for return remains unconfirmed.
175 Articles
175 Articles
How Bad Is Carlos Alcaraz's Wrist? Injury Reportedly a Huge Wimbledon Boost for Jan Choinski After Shock Withdrawal
The sudden withdrawal of Carlos Alcaraz from Wimbledon has triggered huge concern across the tennis world, but early medical analysis suggests the situation may not be as severe as feared. The Spanish star, widely regarded as one of the biggest draws in the sport, picked up a wrist issue during the Barcelona tournament and has since stepped away from the entire grass court season. While fans worry about long term damage, experts indicate the inj…
First the French Open, now Wimbledon: Carlos Alcaraz is forced to watch the turf highlight because of his laden wrist. Alexander Zverev could benefit from this.
Carlos Alcaraz pulls out of Wimbledon due to wrist injury
LONDON (AP) — Two-time Wimbledon champion Carlos Alcaraz on Tuesday, May 19, said he is pulling out of the grass-court Grand Slam event next month because of his lingering wrist injury.Alcaraz injured his right wrist at the Barcelona Open last month and had already withdrawn from the the French Open that starts this weekend. He won the clay-court tournament the last two years."My recovery is going well and I’m feeling much better,” Alcaraz poste…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
































