Trump's Border Czar Says 'Small' Security Force Will Remain in Minnesota After Enforcement Drawdown
More than 1,000 ICE agents have left Minnesota, but a small federal security force will briefly stay to protect agents and continue fraud and protest investigations, Homan said.
- Tom Homan, White House border czar, said Sunday that more than 1,000 immigration agents have left Minnesota's Twin Cities and hundreds more will depart during ICE Operation Metro Surge drawdown.
- Homan said Thursday that a significant drawdown was underway and would continue this week after the shooting deaths of U.S. citizens Renee Good and Alex Pretti prompted changes.
- Investigations will persist into fraud claims and the Cities Church protest, and departing officers will report back or be reassigned, while enforcement continues in the Twin Cities and nationwide.
- With no firm timetable, Homan said a `small` security force will stay temporarily to protect agents and `respond when our agents are out and they get surrounded by agitators and things got out of control`, and he added, `We'll get back to the original footprint.`
- With lawmakers returning to St. Paul on Tuesday, Feb. 17, Homan said future deployments `depend on the situation` while DHS called it its largest enforcement effort and successful.
114 Articles
114 Articles
Ilhan Omar and Minnesota activists share tips to resist ICE, support communities
Hours after Trump administration border czar Tom Homan announced Feb. 12 that he was suspending the Minnesota immigration crackdown, local organizers and Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) shared lessons on protecting communities from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) from over two months of successful popular resistance. During the national webinar, Omar also offered specific advice to elected leaders bracing for a surge of federal immigration …
The border tsar also referred to the use of masks by ICE agents, pointing out that, although he personally does not like them, "because threats against ICE agents have increased by more than 1,500 per cent, and real attacks and threats have increased by more than 8.000 per cent, these men and women have had to protect themselves."
Homan: ‘Small’ security force staying in Minnesota
White House border czar Tom Homan said Sunday that a “small” security force is set to stay in Minnesota after announcing last week that Trump administration immigration crackdown efforts were set to end in the state. “There will be a small force, a security force … that will respond to when our agents are out…
The White House border tsar, Tom Homan, said Sunday that more than 1,000 immigration agents have left the area of the Twin Cities of Minnesota and hundreds more will depart in the coming days as part of the reduction of the Trump administration’s increased immigration control forces. A small security force will remain for a brief period to protect the remaining immigration agents and respond when our agents are out and surrounded by agitators an…
Tom Homan, responsible for border matters at the White House, said on Sunday that more than 1,000 immigration officers had left the Twin Cities region in Minnesota and hundreds more would leave in the coming days as part of the reduction in the number of immigration law enforcement officers decided by the Trump administration.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 57% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























