Ballroom Dispute Now Fully Briefed
4 Articles
4 Articles
Ballroom dispute now fully briefed
As we draw closer to the “long conference” on Sept. 28, our petitions page is filling up with notable petitions for review that are scheduled to be discussed. As Amy reported last year, over the past decade, the justices have granted between five and 15 petitions from this conference.At the CourtOn Friday, the Trump administration urged the Supreme Court to pause a lower-court ruling that would halt construction of a new White House ballroom. Th…
Urgent warning from preservation group halts Trump’s massive White House ballroom project before it becomes irreversible, Supreme Court told
The National Trust for Historic Preservation is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to stop construction of President Donald Trump’s planned White House ballroom. According to USA Today, on Tuesday, August 18, the group warned that continuing the work could make the project impossible to reverse. PBS News reported that the request came after the Trump...
Trust urges high court to halt ballroom project
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's administration seeks to outrun the courts and make the president's new ballroom impossible to stop, the National Trust for Historic Preservation told the Supreme Court on Tuesday in an effort to pause the project.
Trump’s Ballroom Puts Supreme Court in a Bind
“President Trump’s half-built White House ballroom is a 90,000-square-foot embodiment of a recurring legal conundrum: What happens when a boundary-pushing president moves faster than courts can keep up?” the Wall Street Journal reports. “The Supreme Court will soon decide whether to allow Trump to continue building the $400 million project. But he and his administration’s […]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 75% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium









