Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

So Far No Diplomatic Breakthrough in the Iran War – Trump Continues to Make Little Hope

Summary by derwesten.de
US President Donald Trump is causing a stir with contradictory statements on possible negotiations with Tehran. While categorically excluding official talks, his claims about the situation in the Hormus street are in contrast to the actual events.

9 Articles

Left

The maritime traffic in the Strait is more than 90% lower than before the war. Certainly it is not U.S. territory, as Trump flag. But it is not in the hands of Iran, because the passer-by uses the homonymous route. Chop Parsi to Huffpost: "Both sides are calculating that the current economic pressure will push the opponent to capitulate. But I consider it very unlikely. Lack of flexibility approaches a third round of war"

·Italy
Read Full Article
Lean Right

After Donald Trump signed a memorandum of understanding with Iran in mid-June, the U.S. Administration deployed an intense diplomatic offensive to seek support for an agreement with which it hoped to reopen the Strait of Ormuz and lay the groundwork for a de-escalation of the conflict. However, according to Iranian and Arab sources cited by The Wall Street Journal, the toughest sections of the regime interpreted the pact in a very different way.…

·Madrid, Spain
Read Full Article
derwesten.dederwesten.de
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

US President Donald Trump is causing a stir with contradictory statements on possible negotiations with Tehran. While categorically excluding official talks, his claims about the situation in the Hormus street are in contrast to the actual events.

·Essen, Germany
Read Full Article
Center

In the midst of a stalemate in this conflict, he published on Tuesday a map showing the Strait of Ormuz as American territory.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Donald Trump said on Tuesday that no discussion with Iran was taking place at the moment and Tehran assured that his lock on the Strait of Ormuz still holds positions that illustrate the impasse in which the conflict is located.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article

After the 60 days foreseen by the Memorandum of Understanding to arrive at a final negotiation, Donald Trump appears far from achieving his strategic objectives with Iran. And even on tactical ones, doubts remain. So far, no ally can be said to be satisfied. Yesterday evening, in the United Arab Emirates a new alert for a missile threat (later re-entered) from Tehran has taken place. The Strait of Hormuz in fact is closed, with an American naval…

·Rome, Italy
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources are Center
50% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

La Presse broke the news in Montreal, Canada on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal