Trump seeks $1 billion from Harvard University in damages
Trump demands $1 billion from Harvard, accusing it of mishandling antisemitism and rejecting a prior $500 million workforce program proposal, escalating a protracted dispute.
- On Feb 2, President Donald Trump said his administration will seek One Billion Dollars in damages from Harvard University following a New York Times report and posted the demand on Truth Social.
- The dispute stems from federal investigations after the Trump administration said Harvard mishandled antisemitic harassment following the October 7, 2023 attacks and revoked around $2 billion in federal research grants.
- The New York Times reported that Harvard's governing board met Monday as negotiations, mediated by Stephen A. Schwarzman, showed Trump dropped a $200 million demand.
- A federal judge previously blocked efforts to cut off billions in research grants while litigation continues, and other Ivy League schools struck deals to preserve funding.
- Threats to tax-exempt status and university patents show the White House's higher-education campaign aims for a political win, with a deal seen as a victory amid sagging approval ratings.
229 Articles
229 Articles
Trump Spirals into Crazed Fury after Harvard Humiliates Him Very Badly - The DSR Network
After The New York Times reported that President Trump has backtracked on a major demand he’d made on Harvard University, he spiraled out of control in three wild tirades. He angrily insisted on a correction from the Times, and levied unhinged new threats against Harvard, demanding a new billion-dollar extortion payment while calling for the university’s criminal prosecution. Harvard officials clearly leaked word of …
President Donald Trump demands a $1 billion payment from Harvard University to put an end to his prolonged confrontation with the Ivy League campus, doubling the amount he had previously sought while both sides seem to move further away from reaching an agreement. The president raised the bet on social media on Monday night, claiming that Harvard has been "carrying badly." He assured that the university must pay directly to the government as par…
Trump demands $1 billion from Harvard, says university is 'behaving very badly'
The standoff between President Donald Trump and Harvard University escalated late Monday night, with the president posting on Truth Social that he is now demanding $1 billion in damages and declaring that his administration wants “nothing further to do, into the future, with Harvard University.“ Trump takes aim at The New York Times The post came hours after The New York Times reported his administration had dropped a previous demand for a $200 …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 51% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































