Trump says he's postponing 'scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow' at Middle East leaders' request
Trump said the pause allows talks to continue as U.S. forces remain ready for a large-scale assault if no deal is reached.
- On Monday, President Donald Trump announced he is postponing a military strike against Iran planned for Tuesday at the request of leaders in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, citing "serious negotiations" underway.
- Prior to the postponement, Trump threatened that the "clock is ticking" for Tehran to reach a deal following a fragile mid-April ceasefire, warning that fighting would renew if Iran failed to strike an agreement.
- Despite the delay, the military remains instructed to "go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice" if an acceptable deal is not reached, maintaining active readiness.
- Diplomatic efforts expanded as Trump consulted with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Chinese President Xi Jinping regarding the Iran situation, revealing broader international involvement in negotiations.
- The administration insists there will be "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!" as Trump stated he expects a "very acceptable" deal, though the threat of military action remains if negotiations fail.
318 Articles
318 Articles
The US President announced an imminent attack, which he also cancels – allegedly at the request of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the Emirates. Trump also talks about progress in talks with Iran.
Trump says he paused attack on Iran at Gulf leaders' request
US President Donald Trump said on Monday he had called off a planned US military strike on Iran scheduled for Tuesday, citing a "very good chance" of reaching a deal to end the war. In a post on Truth Social, Trump said Gulf allies, including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, had urged Washington to delay the attack because of progress in negotiations with Iran. He added that the US military has been instructed to remain prepared…
Trump says ‘good chance’ of Iran nuclear deal after US pauses strike plan
As the US-Israeli war on Iran entered its 81st day on Tuesday, May 19, US President Donald Trump said that there was a “very good chance” of reaching a nuclear agreement with Tehran after Washington postponed a planned military attack. Speaking during a healthcare affordability event at the White House, Trump said the United States would be “probably satisfied” with a deal that prevents Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. He said the planned st…
Trump puts off 'planned Iran strikes' at Gulf request
US President Donald Trump said on Monday he halted a planned military strike on Iran after urgent appeals from Gulf Arab leaders, while warning that Washington remains prepared for a "large scale assault" if diplomatic efforts fail. In a post on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump said he had been contacted by senior regional leaders seeking time for negotiations aimed at securing a nuclear agreement with Tehran. He said the leaders we…
Trump confessed to postponing a military attack on Iran because “serious negotiations” are under way to end the war
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





































