Democrats, like Trump, have sought public lands for housing
- Under the Trump administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services withheld Title X funds from Planned Parenthood affiliates, affecting clinics that serve low-income Americans with services like contraception and STI testing.
- The withholding of Title X funds was reportedly due to possible violations of federal civil rights laws and Trump's executive orders, including those banning DEI programs, with the administration citing the clinic's mission statement and other documents as evidence.
- Nine Planned Parenthood affiliates received notices that their funding was temporarily withheld, and HHS spokesperson Andrew Nixon told Politico that payments to 16 Title X providers were being withheld, totaling tens of millions of dollars of the over $200 million Title X budget, with $27.5 million specifically frozen and under review.
- Planned Parenthood responded to the funding cuts with a social media post stating, "When we say, 'Care no matter what,' we mean it," emphasizing that their health centers' doors are open to everyone, and they will continue to fight to protect care.
- The Trump administration justified the withholding of funds as a measure to ensure compliance with federal law and responsible stewardship of taxpayer dollars, while critics argued that it would strip healthcare access, leading to undetected cancers, reduced birth control access, and a worsening STI crisis.
6 Articles
6 Articles


Trump admin withholds millions from Planned Parenthood for civil rights and executive order violations: report
close Video Tim Walz mocked for claim Dems should have doubled down on DEI, wokeness Fox News contributor Joe Concha joined ‘Fox & Friends First’ to discuss Tim Walz suggesting the Democratic Party should have doubled down on woke ideology ahead of the 2024 election and why he believes profanity-ridden attacks are ‘cringeworthy.’ President Donald Trump‘s administration told several Planned Parenthood affiliates on Monday that it was withholdi…
Democrats, like Trump, have sought public lands for housing
President Donald Trump’s pledge to use public lands to help address the housing crunch has some rare bipartisan support compared with most of his policies, at least in some pricey Western areas where Democrats have looked to the same idea. Interior Secretary Doug Burgum and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Scott Turner announced a joint task force earlier this month examining the use of “underutilized federal land” suitable for housing, w…
Trump Is Stalling Millions Of Dollars In Federal Housing Subsidies. Here Is Where The Most Affordable Housing Could Disappear
24/7 Wall St. Insights The Trump administration has stalled over $60 million in funding for affordable housing developments nationwide. Nationwide, 7% of subsidies for federally assisted rental homes are set to expire between 2025 and 2029. In some cities, more than 25% of subsidies for affordable housing stock are due to expire in the next five years. The mixed bag of policy actions from the Trump administration could mean low-income families …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 100% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage