Trump defends DOJ ‘anti-weaponization’ fund from GOP critics
The fund could pay Trump allies and Jan. 6 defendants, while Senate Republicans demand details on eligibility and legal authority.
- On Friday, President Donald Trump defended the Justice Department's $1.7 billion 'Anti-Weaponization Fund,' claiming he 'allowed' it to proceed after earlier denying involvement in its creation.
- Earlier this week, Trump twice claimed he 'wasn't involved' in the fund's creation announced Monday, telling reporters during a Monday event he played no role in 'the whole creation of it and the negotiation.'
- Under the settlement deal, Trump and two sons receive a 'formal apology' but no monetary payment; Trump claimed he 'gave up a lot of money' to help others 'abused by an evil, corrupt, and weaponized Biden Administration.'
- Congressional Republicans on Thursday postponed a $70 billion immigration bill as Senate Republicans sought to rein in spending for the anti-weaponization fund, forcing lawmakers to recess for Memorial Day weekend.
- Legal challenges mount as police officers filed a lawsuit to block the fund; Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche has not ruled out payments to nearly 1,600 Jan. 6 Capitol rioters convicted of assaulting police officers.
14 Articles
14 Articles
Trump Defends His Controversial Fund
President Trump defended his controversial plan to create $1.8 billion Anti-Weaponization Fund on Friday, but he continues to face serious pushback from within his own party. In a Truth Social post , Trump said he gave up "an absolute fortune" by settling his lawsuit with the IRS as part of...
Donald Trump continues to defend his controversial $1.8 billion anti-weaponization fund against any criticism. At Truth Social, he presented himself as a good person and lamented lost fortunes that he had renounced in order to help other people.
Trump, who claimed he "wasn't involved" in creation of "anti-weaponization" fund, now says he allowed it
President Trump on Friday defended the Justice Department's $1.7 billion "anti-weaponization" fund and said he "gave up a lot of money" by allowing its creation.
‘I Am Helping Others’: President Trump Pushes Back On Criticism Of His ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Fund
In the Trump administration’s latest move to thwart the politically motivated attacks of deep state operatives, a new compensation fund has been established to benefit Americans unfairly targeted in government operations. President Donald Trump announced the initiative this week to a mixture of support and skepticism, but followed up on Friday with a statement aimed at clarifying its scope and mission. Here’s what The Hill reported: The battle h…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













