European Country Urges All Citizens to Leave Iran Within Next Few Hours
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk urged immediate evacuation as evacuation windows close amid growing US military buildup and worsening violence in Iran, officials said.
- On February 19, 2026, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk urged all Polish citizens in Iran to depart immediately, warning evacuation routes could close within hours.
- Worsening domestic unrest and stalled diplomacy led to warnings after anti-government protests since January and failed nuclear talks raised fears of a potential U.S. attack.
- U.S. military deployments accelerated with the Trump administration last week sending a second aircraft carrier strike group and more than 50 fighter jets, including F-35, F-22 and F-16, moving to the Middle East.
- Poland's advisory — the first from a European state — follows past evacuations organized by the Polish foreign ministry, while the Virtual U.S. Embassy in Iran urged Americans to prepare to leave without government help.
- Some sources predict a high likelihood of kinetic action within days, as Israel has raised military readiness, according to Israel's state broadcaster Kan.
28 Articles
28 Articles
The Polish Prime Minister Tusk describes the possibility of a war as "very real". Austria has been warning of trips to the country since October 2022.
Poland urges citizens to leave Iran as Trump menaces Tehran
Poland on Thursday urged its citizens to leave Iran at once, after a rapid U.S. military buildup in the Middle East raised the specter of direct confrontation with Tehran. “Please leave Iran immediately and under no circumstances travel to this country,” Poland’s Prime Minister Donald Tusk said in the town of Zielonka near Warsaw on Thursday. “I do not want to alarm anyone, but we all know what I am referring to. The possibility of a conflict is…
In his statements, he emphasized that a conflict could break out "within the next few, ten or even dozens of hours," noting that in such a development, "removal may no longer be possible."
Prime Minister Donald Tusk on Thursday called on all Polish citizens to leave Iran after US President Donald Trump again hinted at possible military action against the Islamic regime.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















