UK Refusing to Allow Trump to Use RAF Bases to Attack Iran
Trump's inconsistent stance on the Chagos Islands deal coincides with recent deployment of US naval forces near Iran, raising concerns about potential military conflict, experts say.
- Via Truth Social, Mr Trump criticized the Chagos deal, calling `a big mistake` and urging `DO NOT GIVE AWAY DIEGO GARCIA!` on Thursday.
- Trump's reversal followed The Times reporting that the UK refused US use of Diego Garcia base or RAF Fairford for a possible Iran campaign, influenced by Nigel Farage and Tory MP Iain Duncan Smith's lobbying.
- Washington has repositioned U.S. Navy carrier groups within striking distance of Iran and sent a second U.S. warship near the Strait of Hormuz; an adviser told Axios, `I think there is 90% chance we see kinetic action`.
- A government minister insisted the UK Government will continue with the Chagos Islands deal despite the Bill being pulled last month, while Justice minister Alex Davies-Jones said it will return to the House of Lords soon, though the Foreign Office does not recognise reports of delay.
- Iran and Russia carried out naval drills near the Strait of Hormuz as diplomats and journalists say UK foreign policy is in disarray and far-right commentator Nick Fuentes lost it on Wednesday.
12 Articles
12 Articles
Politics latest: UK 'blocking Trump from launching strikes on Iran from British bases' - including Diego Garcia
The UK has not yet agreed to allow the US to launch air strikes against Iran from a British base on Diego Garcia and another in Gloucestershire, Sky's Deborah Haynes understands. It comes after Donald Trump launched an astonishing broadside on the UK's Chagos Islands deal.
War drums sound between the U.S. and Iran. “The Trump administration is closer to a great war in the Middle East than most Americans realize. It could start soon,” Axios told the digital media. This military escalation can have dramatic consequences in the region and globally, as well as marking Trump’s remaining three years of presidency. Continue reading...
Far-right influencer melts down over Trump's push to war with Iran: 'Completely betrayed!'
Far-right white nationalist and Nazi sympathizer Nick Fuentes lost it on Wednesday amid growing national concern that America is moving closer to war with Iran. Fuentes wrote on X about what he expected to happen if a war were to break out between the U.S. and Iran under President Donald Trump."If T...
War With Iran Could Be Closer Than Americans Realize
by Melissa O'Rourke at CDN - The Trump administration is rapidly approaching a potential military confrontation with Iran that could erupt sooner, and on a larger scale, than many Americans currently expect, sources familiar with the matter told Axios. U.S. operations would likely involve a multi-week joint campaign with Israel targeting key Iranian nuclear, missile and military infrastructure, Axios reported on … Click to read the rest HERE-> W…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium











