Trump Has a New Iran Disaster to Deal With: The Memorandum of Understanding Has Expired and Tehran Is Over It
Tehran says renewed hostilities and U.S. sanctions efforts have voided the talks deadline as Washington keeps pressure on Iranian ports and Strait of Hormuz traffic.
- The 60-day memorandum of understanding between the U.S. and Iran officially expires on Monday without a new agreement, with Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baqaei calling the deadline "irrelevant" given renewed hostilities.
- Fighting restarted last month, causing the ceasefire to collapse despite earlier hopes for resolution. Tensions remain centered on the Strait of Hormuz, where the U.S. maintains a naval blockade and Iran continues to restrict maritime traffic.
- Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent announced last week the U.S. will apply economic measures "that have never been seen on Iran." President Donald Trump added, "Economically, they are a mess. We control their money...I'm their banker."
- Brigadier General Yadollah Javani, head of the political bureau of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps , stated on Monday that the Strait of Hormuz will only fully reopen when Washington implements commitments from the June memorandum.
- Iranian officials have warned opponents to expect "strategic surprises" if the U.S. targets civilian infrastructure. The IRGC has reinforced coastal territories with rapid-response units to prevent foreign troops from landing on Iranian soil.
51 Articles
51 Articles
The deadline resulting from the agreement signed on 17 June ended this Monday, 17 August, without a definitive peace treaty having been reached. Tehran devalued the end of the deadline considering it irrelevant and stated that the practical negotiations have never made any clear progress, due to alleged US violations of the agreed terms. But a high representative of the Iranian regime and responsible for the Revolutionary Guard of Iran stated th…
'Took Full Advantage of Ceasefire': Iran Prepares for Bigger Fight with US and Israel, Eyes Kuwait Ground Raid
Following the signing of the memorandum of understanding by US President Donald Trump with Iran in mid-June, Washington had anticipated that the arrangement would facilitate the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz and initiate a wind-down of the conflict.
Tehran threatens operation to break US naval blockade – Trump rules out extension of 60-day ceasefire
Trump says US won’t extend Iran MOU as 60-day deadline for peace talks expires
President Trump confirmed the US isn't expanding the window for peace talks with Tehran on Monday as the US-Iran memorandum of understanding's 60-day deadline for negotiations expired.
Trump rejects extension of Iran memorandum as 60-day window expires
ALBAWABA- US President Donald Trump said Monday that Washington does not intend to extend the memorandum of understanding (MoU) reached with Iran, as the agreement’s 60-day negotiating period expired...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























