Girl, 17, Killed in Sword Attack at Swedish School
Police detained the attacker after two boys ages 12 to 17 were hospitalized in stable condition, officials said.
- On Friday, an 18-year-old former student armed with a sword attacked Brinellskolan in Fagersta, Sweden, killing a 17-year-old girl and seriously wounding two boys aged 12 and 17.
- Police shot the suspect in the leg during the incident and are investigating the case as murder and attempted murder, with investigators confirming no other perpetrators are believed involved.
- Regional healthcare director Jonas Cederberg confirmed the two seriously wounded boys remain in stable condition, one undergoing emergency surgery, while a third person under 18 was discharged after suffering minor injuries.
- Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson called the attack a "serious incident," while opposition leader Magdalena Andersson lamented the "terrible news," stating "My thoughts are with those affected and everyone involved."
- The attack recalls previous violence at Swedish educational institutions, including a 2025 mass shooting in Orebro that killed 10 people and a 2015 sword attack in Trollhattan that prompted tougher security laws.
17 Articles
17 Articles
In Sweden a 17-year-old dies after an attack with a sword. The alleged perpetrator is a former student. The investigation is only at the beginning.
An 18-Year-Old With a Sword Attacks a School in Sweden, Leaving 1 Dead and 2 Injured
GENEVA (AP) — An 18-year-old man with a sword attacked a school Friday in central Sweden, leaving one person dead and at least two others seriously injured, a police chief said. Police Chief Tommy Alriksson told a news conference that the suspect had been arrested following the attack at the school in the central town... The post An 18-Year-Old With a Sword Attacks a School in Sweden, Leaving 1 Dead and 2 Injured appeared first on The National H…
Sword attack puts Swedish school on lockdown, at least two teens seriously hurt
STOCKHOLM, Aug 22 — At least two teenagers were seriously wounded after a sword-wielding attacker entered a high school in central Sweden, authorities said, while media reported the perpetrator had been shot by police.Regional healthcare director Jonas Cederberg told AFP two “seriously wounded” people had been admitted to hospital. A third person whose injuries had yet to be ascertained was in the process of being brought to hospital.The two ser…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium














