Spain Confident It Will Host the 2030 World Cup Final because It ‘Deserves’ It
- Spain's junior government partner, Sumar, is urging the country to reconsider co-hosting the 2030 World Cup with Morocco following a significant migration crisis in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta.
- Last week's events in Ceuta saw tens of thousands surge across the border from Morocco, with more than 80 people dying attempting to swim across the breakwater.
- Sumar MP Nahuel Gonz accused Morocco of using migrants for political pressure, telling broadcaster TVE, "The Moroccan state, the Moroccan monarchy, does not respect human rights, it uses migrants to exercise political pressure."
- Despite holding only 26 seats, Sumar tabled a non-binding motion in the Spanish Parliament on Wednesday to revisit the World Cup bid within Prime Minister Pedro government.
- In Portugal, the party Livre echoed these concerns by sending a letter to Prime Minister Montenegro and the Portuguese Football Federation, deeming the joint World Cup bid "unsustainable.
47 Articles
47 Articles
Daniel Sirera has emphasized that the new Camp Nou, with a planned capacity for 105,000 spectators, will be the largest stadium in Europe
The Spanish government remained confident that the final of the 2030 World Cup will be held in Spain.
Depending on the deadlines and the outcome of the general elections, the decision could be in the hands of an eventual Executive of Feijoó. The entire political spectrum urges Sánchez to mobilize Read
The Spanish government remained confident that the 2030 World Cup Final will be held in Spain. Minister of Sports Milagros Tolón said, after a report according to which FIFA supposedly awarded the final to the co-host Morocco, which Spain "deserved" to host the match for the title. "We are the current champions of the world in the male and female categories, and Spain and Portugal headed the candidacy for the 2030 World Cup, to which Morocco joi…
Spain confident of hosting 2030 World Cup final after FIFA denies Morocco report
Spain’s sports minister Milagros Tolón said the country would continue working with FIFA after the governing body denied reports that the 2030 World Cup final had been promised to Morocco.
The government has decided to take a step forward to defend that the final of the 2030 World Cup will take place in Spain. After the British newspaper The Times published that FIFA President Gianni Infantino would have offered Morocco to host the decisive match of the tournament in exchange for support from the African Football Confederation (CAF) for his re-election, Minister of Education, Vocational Training and Sports, Milagros Tolón, claimed…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






















