Published • loading... • Updated
Sir Jim Ratcliffe: Man Utd Co-Owner Avoids FA Charge over Immigration Comments
- The FA reminded Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Friday of his responsibilities in media interviews and said it would not charge him after reviewing his remarks.
- Following the broadcast, Ratcliffe apologized the day after for remarks made during a Sky News interview last week in which he cited nine million on benefits and a population increase from 58million to 70million.
- United fans and the Manchester United Supporters Trust criticised Ratcliffe's comments last week and urged senior leadership to promote inclusion, while protests took place outside Old Trafford.
- Michael Carrick, interim head coach, told reporters the team remained united and strong, saying, `We have got a really strong, strong group...` after four wins and one draw recently.
- Critics warned the episode deepened a national debate as Ratcliffe cited contested UK population figures rising from 58million to 70million and nine million on benefits, while others noted his Monaco residence.
Insights by Ground AI
43 Articles
43 Articles
Manchester United co-owner Jim Ratcliffe will not face disciplinary action by the Football Association
·Belgrade, Serbia
Read Full ArticleBy JAMES ROBSON MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Manchester United co-owner Jim Ratcliffe was reminded of his “responsibilities as a participant in English football” after sparking a firestorm of criticism by claiming Britain had been “colonized” by immigrants. But the Football Association will not press charges against Ratcliffe for his comments, which were widely condemned by political figures, including British Prime Minister Keir Starmer, and by t…
·United States
Read Full ArticleCoverage Details
Total News Sources43
Leaning Left8Leaning Right6Center16Last UpdatedBias Distribution53% Center
Bias Distribution
- 53% of the sources are Center
53% Center
L 27%
C 53%
R 20%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




















