Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Someone Finally Asked Shang-Chi's Director About Why A Sequel Has Taken So Long

Simu Liu says conversations about a sequel are increasingly positive as he returns as Shang-Chi in Avengers: Doomsday.

  • Simu Liu says he is more optimistic than ever about a Shang-Chi sequel, noting that recent conversations about the project have become increasingly encouraging after years of uncertainty.
  • Following the 2021 debut Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which earned over US$430 million, Marvel announced a follow-up; Liu previously cited delays due to 'circumstances beyond my control.'
  • Reprising his role in this year's Avengers: Doomsday, Liu makes his first live-action appearance since his debut, appearing in a trailer showdown with X-Men character Gambit, played by Channing Tatum.
  • Regarding his character's evolution, Liu said, 'We're just going to see a more settled-in version.' The hero now fully understands how to wield the Ten Rings, unlike his learning phase in the original film.
  • Official announcements regarding a second stand-alone film remain pending, as Liu noted conversations feel 'really positive' but stopped short of confirming a production timeline.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

The Toronto StarThe Toronto Star
+3 Reposted by 3 other sources
Lean Left

Simu Liu says the path to a ‘Shang-Chi’ sequel ‘feels clearer than it’s ever been’

After years of waiting, Simu Liu says he's more optimistic than ever that a "Shang-Chi" sequel is finally on the horizon.

·Toronto, Canada
Read Full Article
Winnipeg Free PressWinnipeg Free Press
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

Simu Liu says the path to a 'Shang-Chi' sequel 'feels clearer than it's ever been'

After years of waiting, Simu Liu says he's more optimistic than ever that a

·Winnipeg, Canada
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
50% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Medicine Hat News broke the news on Tuesday, August 4, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal