Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Second witness expected to take stand at Frank Stronach’s sex assault trial

Frank Stronach, 93, denies 12 charges from alleged assaults spanning 1977–1990 involving seven women in Toronto, with a judge-alone trial underway.

  • On Feb. 17, 2026, the second of seven complainants is expected to take the stand in the judge-alone trial of Frank Stronach in Toronto overseen by Superior Court Justice Anne Molloy.
  • Frank Stronach, 93, has pleaded not guilty to a dozen charges related to seven complainants, including sexual assault and forcible confinement.
  • Last week, the trial opened with testimony that a complainant was assaulted in 1981, and defence lawyer Leora Shemesh challenged her memory, calling her a `storyteller`.
  • The report carries a content advisory noting the material may affect people affected by sexual violence, and readers are invited to sign up for breaking news alerts about the case.
  • The allegations span from 1977 to 1990, including suburban Scarborough, with two counts deemed historical due to the 1983 Criminal Code amendment and a separate Newmarket, Ont. trial set later this year.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

39 Articles

Barrie TodayBarrie Today
+5 Reposted by 5 other sources
Lean Left

Second complainant testifies Frank Stronach groped her in downtown Toronto condo

TORONTO — At dinner, Frank Stronach had felt like a "fatherly mentor" but things changed once they were alone in his downtown Toronto condo, a woman told his sexual assault trial as she described an evening in the early 1980s.

·Barrie, Canada
Read Full Article
Lean Left

During a meal at the restaurant, Frank Stronach gave him the impression of being a "paternal mentor," but things changed once they found themselves alone in his downtown Toronto apartment, said a woman at her sexual assault trial, describing an evening in the early 1980s.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 85% of the sources lean Left
85% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Orillia Matters broke the news in Orillia, Canada on Tuesday, February 17, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal