Saudi Arabia Intercepts Three Drones from Iraqi Airspace
Saudi Arabia said no injuries were reported after its air defenses shot down three drones from Iraq and warned it could respond to sovereignty threats.
- On Sunday, a drone strike hit an electrical generator outside the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the United Arab Emirates, while Saudi Arabia reported intercepting three drones entering from Iraq.
- Ongoing hostilities coincide with stalled diplomatic efforts to end the U.S.-Israeli war with Iran, as demands remain far apart regarding the Strait of Hormuz, the world's most important shipping route for oil.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency stated emergency generators are powering the plant's "unit 3," calling for "maximum military restraint" near nuclear facilities, while the UAE confirmed no radioactive material was released.
- President Donald Trump warned Iran must act "fast" to resolve the conflict, but senior Iranian armed forces spokesperson Abolfazl Shekarchi countered that the U.S. would "face new, aggressive, and surprise scenarios."
- Axios reported that President Trump will meet top national security advisers on Tuesday to discuss military options, as tensions persist following drone attacks launched by groups including the Islamic Resistance in Iraq.
55 Articles
55 Articles
Regional condemnation follows drone attack on Saudi territory
Capitals, May 18 (SANA) Several Arab countries condemned Monday’s drone attack targeting Saudi Arabia from Iraqi airspace after Saudi air defenses intercepted and destroyed the aircraft.In a statement carried by Emirates News Agency (WAM), the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly condemned the attacks, describing them as a violation of Saudi sovereignty and a threat to the Kingdom’s security and stability.The UAE reaffirmed its full solidar…
Saudi Arabia intercepts three drones launched from Iraq
Earlier on Sunday, a drone strike sparked a fire outside the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in Abu Dhabi, according to UAE authorities. By JNS The Saudi military intercepted three drones that entered the country’s airspace from Iraq on Sunday, Riyadh’s Defense Ministry announced. Ministry of Defense Spokesman Maj. Gen. Turki al-Maliki said the kingdom “reserves the right to respond at the appropriate time and place” and would take “all necessary op…
Trump advises US security advisers on Iran on Tuesday +++ Trump phoned Netanyahu +++ London brings more cost-effective drone defense in the Middle East +++ The newsblog.
UAE strongly condemns drone attacks on Saudi Arabia
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates has strongly condemned the drone attacks targeting the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The drones, launched from Iraqi airspace, were intercepted and destroyed after entering the Kingdom’s airspace.In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) affirmed that these attacks constitute a violation of the sovereignty of the brotherly Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and pose a threat to its security and stability. The UAE…
While the drone attack on a nuclear power plant in the Emirates was glamorous, the markets still react with concern to the events of the weekend. And, among other things, there were deadly attacks in Lebanon. The overview.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 49% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


























