Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

‘Baat Se Mukarne Ki Saza Kya…': Ranveer Singh, Rohit Shetty Threatened Again, Bishnoi Gang's Voice Note Issues Warning

Mumbai Police investigate coordinated threats linked to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang targeting actors, amid arrests and Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act charges.

  • Wednesday's events began when Aayush Sharma received a threatening email, a day after Ranveer Singh received a threatening WhatsApp voice note, police said.
  • Following last week's shooting at Rohit Shetty's Juhu residence, investigators suspect links to the Lawrence Bishnoi gang as they probe threats to Aayush Sharma and Ranveer Singh.
  • Investigators say the threatening email used Proton Mail and the voice note via a Virtual Private Network, while police seek deleted Signal chats and recorded Ranveer Singh's manager.
  • The court remanded five accused to police custody until February 17, 2026, and defence counsel Ajinkya Mirgal challenged prosecution assertions.
  • The voice note's demand for crores points to an extortion motive, and authorities say the messages may form a coordinated intimidation campaign targeting prominent film figures, Mumbai Police said.
Insights by Ground AI

22 Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 62% of the sources lean Right
62% Right

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Goa Chronicle broke the news in on Wednesday, February 11, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal