Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Ronaldo hints at retirement, says upcoming year could be his last

  • On Sunday, Cristiano Ronaldo told Vogue that the current season is "probably my last year of football," aiming to leave a "spectacular legacy."
  • The 41-year-old Portugal captain acknowledged retirement is approaching after "25 years with a lot of sacrifice," reflecting on a career spanning more than two decades.
  • Ronaldo will continue playing for Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr this season while closing in on the milestone of 1,000 career goals, having scored 976 already.
  • The forward stated he has his future "all mapped out," noting plans to travel, play padel, and spend more time with family after football.
  • Although his Al-Nassr contract runs until June 2027, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner remains focused on his final season after Portugal fell short at this year's FIFA World Cup.
Insights by Ground AI
Podcasts & Opinions

390 Articles

Right

Five-time Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo has stated that he will not stay around football after his retirement.

·Budapest, Hungary
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Cristiano Ronaldo claims that this season of the Saudi Pro League will probably be the last of his professional career.

·El Segundo, United States
Read Full Article
Center

Portuguese striker for the five Balloons of Gold totals 976 career goals.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article
Far Left

The Portuguese striker implies that the end of his contract with Al-Nassr in June 2027 could mark the closing of his professional career.

·Caracas, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
Read Full Article
Koco News5Koco News5
+26 Reposted by 26 other sources
Center

Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement: 'Probably my last year of football'

Cristiano Ronaldo has hinted that this could be his last year playing professional soccer, after what’s been a record-breaking career.

·Oklahoma City, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 52% of the sources are Center
52% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Telemundo Area de la Bahía 48 broke the news on Sunday, August 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal