Togo Says It Has 'Serious' Evidence Against Detained French Filmmakers
9 Articles
9 Articles
Togo says it has 'serious' evidence against detained French filmmakers
Togo’s government said Saturday it had “serious and corroborative evidence” against two French documentary filmmakers arrested last month alongside their Togolese fixer. The three men deny charges of making “false declarations”.
The Togolese Ministries of Justice and Security claim that "serious and consistent evidence" led to the arrest of the two directors and their Togolese collaborators.
Arrested at the end of July while filming a documentary in the north of the country, the two French directors are being prosecuted for alleged false statements related to their visa.
The Togolese government justifies the detention of two French directors and their local collaborators, arrested at the end of July for false statements.
The two directors had gone to Togo to shoot an episode of the show "Les routes de l'impossible" for France Télévisions. One of them is sick.
AGI - The Government of Togo has declared that it has "serious and confirmed evidence" against two French documentaries arrested last month in West Africa along with their Togolese collaborator. The arrest of the two French reporters The three men are detained on the charge of having issued "false statements." The organization Reporters without borders (Rsf), which monitors the freedom of the press, has asked this week for the immediate release …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 40% of the sources lean Left, 40% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium













