Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Real Say They Have Provided Evidence to UEFA to Help It Investigate Vinicius Racism Allegation

Real Madrid provided UEFA with all evidence regarding the alleged racial insult against Vinicius Junior during the Champions League match, prompting an official investigation.

  • On Thursday, Real Madrid C.F. told UEFA it had submitted `all available evidence` about an alleged racist insult toward Vinicius Junior during the Champions League first leg on February 17 against SL Benfica.
  • After Vinicius' goal, the referee halted play for nearly 10 minutes under UEFA's anti-racism protocol after exchanges with Gianluca Prestianni, the Benfica winger, and objects were thrown from the stands.
  • Prestianni covered his mouth with his shirt while denying racially abusing Vinicius, and Benfica called it a `defamation campaign` with no conclusive audiovisual proof so far.
  • On Wednesday UEFA named a special investigator to review the case, examining the referee's report, match documentation, witness statements, and audiovisual evidence, with potential penalties including suspensions of at least 10 matches if discriminatory conduct is confirmed.
  • Real Madrid said it appreciates the support Vinicius received and that the investigation faces a tight schedule with the second leg on Feb. 25 at Santiago Bernabéu.
Insights by Ground AI

63 Articles

Center

MADRID (AP) — Real Madrid sent UEFA “all available evidence” about the alleged racist insult against Vinícius Júnior in the Champions League vs. Benfica party.

·Calhoun, United States
Read Full Article
Yakima Herald-RepublicYakima Herald-Republic
Reposted by
Independent EspañolIndependent Español
Lean Left

MADRID (AP) — Real Madrid sent UEFA “all available evidence” about the alleged racist insult against Vinícius Júnior in the Champions League vs. Benfica party.

Read Full Article
Center

By TALES AZZONI MADRID (AP) — Real Madrid has sent UEFA “all available evidence” regarding the alleged racist abuse directed at Vinícius Júnior during the Champions League match against Benfica. “Our club has actively cooperated with the investigation opened by UEFA following the unacceptable incidents of racism that occurred during the match,” the club said Thursday, without providing further details about the evidence. UEFA appointed a special…

·United States
Read Full Article
Lean Right

Real Madrid broke the silence after the alleged racist act that denounced against him by the Argentine Gianluca Prestianni last Tuesday. Almost 48 hours I took the Spanish football white house to react officially to the situation experienced during the play-off duel of Champions League between Benfica and Real Madrid, and that ended 0-1. And it did so to announce that “it has provided UEFA with all available evidence on the incidents that occurr…

·Chile
Read Full Article
Lean Right

The Spanish club said that it sent UEFA all the necessary evidence to prove that its player Vinicius was the victim of racist insults.

·Paris, France
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 45% of the sources are Center
45% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

BolaVip broke the news in on Thursday, February 19, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal