Pentagon says more than 750 US service members wounded in Iran war
The updated count includes 339 injuries under a new overseas operations category, while the number of service members killed remains 18, Pentagon data shows.
- On Friday, the Pentagon reported that total U.S. casualties from Operation Epic Fury and Overseas Operations reached 757 injured and 18 killed, according to the Defense Casualty Analysis System.
- The Pentagon created the 'Overseas Operations' category last month for casualties following the May 5 conclusion of Operation Epic Fury, which accounted for more than 417 of the wounded.
- Of the 757 wounded, Army soldiers comprise 587, followed by 86 Navy sailors, 64 Air Force airmen, and 19 Marines, according to the casualty database.
- President Donald Trump warned on social media that his administration would launch an economic-related operation against Iran, while Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent threatened secondary sanctions on companies conducting business there.
- Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi rejected the economic threats on Thursday, claiming new measures trigger hostility, as the administration seeks to end Iran's nuclear program and reopen the Strait of Hormuz.
58 Articles
58 Articles
Iran war proves to be costly for America as number of casualties of US service members crosses 770
The Pentagon on Saturday provided figures about the causalities of US service members in the Iran war and said the death count has risen to more than 770, reported The Washington Post. The development comes as the conflict enters its sixth month. The Washington Post further reported that the Pentagon's casualty reporting system showed 774 US service members killed or wounded, including 18 killed and 756 wounded in the conflict. Pentagon says sco…
US Military Casualties Rise to over 770 as Iran Conflict Enters Sixth Month
Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. The number of US service members killed or wounded in the Iran war has risen to more than 770, according to casualty figures provided by the Pentagon, reported by The Washington Post on Friday, as the conflict enters its sixth month. World News | US Military Casualties Rise to over 770 as Iran Conflict Enters Sixth Month.
US military casualties rise to over 770 as Iran conflict enters sixth month - The Tribune
The number of US service members killed or wounded in the Iran war has risen to more than 770, according to casualty figures provided by the Pentagon, reported by The Washington Post on Friday, as the conflict enters its sixth month.
More than 750 U.S. Service Members Wounded Since Start of Iran War
CNN The number of US service members wounded since the start of the Iran war has passed 750, according to the Defense Department’s war casualty database. The Pentagon updated the database on Wednesday, recording more than 50 additional wounded soldiers, as talks between Tehran and DC to end the conflict remain at an impasse. When totals in The Defense Casualty Analysis System for “Overseas Operations” are combined with totals for Operation Epi…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 62% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






















![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)












