Pence said he congratulated Trump on his win at Carter’s funeral
- Former Vice President Mike Pence congratulated President-elect Donald Trump at Jimmy Carter's funeral on January 9, marking their first public interaction since leaving office in January 2021.
- Pence expressed that the handshake with Trump was seen by many as a sign of hope for reconciliation after their strained relationship.
- During an interview, Pence reiterated his belief that he fulfilled his constitutional duty on January 6, 2021, despite Trump's pressure to overturn the election results.
- Trump and Pence's relationship deteriorated after Pence refused to pause the certification of the 2020 election, with Trump later expressing disappointment in Pence's actions.
32 Articles
32 Articles
Mike Pence Reveals What He Said to Donald Trump During Their First Conversation in 4 Years
The former vice president and the president-elect shook hands and briefly chatted at Jimmy Carter's state funeral on Jan. 9MANDEL NGAN/POOL/AFP via Getty Mike Pence (left) shakes hands with Donald Trump at the state funeral service for Jimmy Carter on Jan. 9, 2025Mike Pence has revealed what his first words were to Donald Trump when they reunited this week after previously stating that he and the president-elect had not spoken for four years.Tru…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 68% of the sources lean Right
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage