Delhi Police Says CJP's Parliament March Was Illegal, Force Used as per Situation and Requirement
Police said 30,000 people gathered at the protest and 5,000 personnel were deployed as the crowd turned violent, according to its affidavit.
- The Delhi Police filed an affidavit with the Supreme Court defending its response to the July 20 'Sansad Chalo' march, characterizing the protest as 'unlawful' after participants attempted to advance towards Parliament.
- According to the affidavit, the demonstration was hijacked by 'anti-social elements,' leading to pervasive lawlessness that left over 240 police personnel and around 200 protesters injured during the confrontation.
- To manage approximately 30,000 protesters, officers deployed plainclothes 'spotters' and used facial recognition technology, described as a 'proportionate policing measure' to identify individuals with criminal backgrounds.
- Data showed 2,873 individuals present had existing crime records, including 47 'history-sheeters,' and the affidavit argued officers were 'constrained to use force' only after protesters breached multiple barricades.
- Reviewing the protest circumstances, the Supreme Court is expected to examine allegations of excessive force, as Delhi Police stated willingness to cooperate with any court-appointed committee.
11 Articles
11 Articles
Delhi Police Defends ‘Graded’ Force Against Student Protesters, Says Crowd Breached Barricades
Delhi Police defends its use of force during the July 20 Sansad Chalo protest, telling the Supreme Court that its response was graded and proportionate after protesters breached barricades.
CJP protest was hijacked by 'history-sheeters': Delhi Police to SC
The Delhi Police has strongly defended its use of force during the 'Chalo Sansad' protest on July 20, telling the Supreme Court that the agitation was 'hijacked by anti-social elements and history-sheeters,' leading to law and order breakdown and over 240 police personnel injuries.
Delhi Police says CJP's Parliament march was illegal, force used as per situation and requirement
The protest began peacefully but turned tense after some demonstrators allegedly breached barricades and tried to march towards Parliament, triggering clashes with police.
BIG UPDATE: Delhi Police Tells Supreme Court Minimal Force Used During July 20 Student Protest
The Delhi Police has filed an affidavit before the Supreme Court regarding the police action against students during a protest in Delhi on July 20. The police has rejected allegations of excessive use of force, stating that only the minimum force necessary to control the situation was used. According to the affidavit, protesters did not have permission to proceed with a foot march towards Parliament. The police claimed that a route and limits fo…
Delhi Police Denies Use of Excessive Force During Youth Protests
Further, the police called the gathering itself illegal saying that no permission had been given for a march to parliament and moving towards parliament amounted to an unlawful act by an unlawful assembly.
Delhi police rejects claims of using excessive force to stop protestors: Delhi Police has rejected allegations that force was used against protesters during the student protest near Parliament House in Delhi. The police made this statement during the hearing of a petition filed for a court-monitored investigation.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium










