AFN Says over $1.2 Billion Distributed so Far in Historic First Nations Child Welfare Settlement
4 Articles
4 Articles
Over 30,000 First Nations children received compensation under the Settlement.
Still open for claims: More than $1.2 billion paid out for discrimination in Child and Family Services settlement
National Chief Cindy Woodhouse Nepinak stated today that more than 30,000 First Nations children who were removed from their homes have now received compensation through the First Nations Child and Family Services (FNCFS) and Jordan's Principle Settlement. Over $1.2 billion has been provided in compensation to eligible Claimants, marking an important milestone in one of Canada’s largest class action settlements.
AFN says over $1.2 billion distributed so far in historic First Nations Child Welfare Settlement
More than 30,000 First Nations children who were removed from their homes have received over $1.2 billion in compensation through the historic First Nations Child and Family Services and Jordan’s Principle Settlement. Assembly of First Nations National Chief Cindy Woodhouse Nepinak announced the milestone on Monday, acknowledging both the progress of the claims process and the deep systemic harm experienced by First Nations families. “Behind eve…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 100% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






