Nigerian military raises alarm over attempt to hack its X account
The military said technical measures were activated as it works to restore control and warned Nigerians to ignore suspicious posts.
- On Saturday, the Defence Headquarters announced its official X account was "compromised," advising the public to disregard any content posted from the account during the breach.
- The verified account, which boasts more than 980,000 followers, serves as a primary channel for the Armed Forces to disseminate information on combat operations, leadership changes, and defence matters.
- PREMIUM TIMES reported the account has been flooded with cryptocurrency-related posts, with automated messages appearing 19 hours ago, though the account's name and military gallery remain intact.
- Director of Defence Information Major General Samaila Uba said the incident is being treated as a "cybersecurity matter," with technical measures activated to prevent further unauthorized access.
- The DHQ urged Nigerians to rely on verified channels—Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp—while the agency prioritizes the "highest standards of information security" during account recovery.
12 Articles
12 Articles
X account of Nigerian military headquarters hacked
PREMIUM TIMES ran a quick check on the account and found that it has been flooded with many cryptocurrency-related posts. The post X account of Nigerian military headquarters hacked – Official appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria.
Nigerian military raises alarm over attempt to hack its X account
The Defence Headquarters, DHQ, has raised the alarm over an attempted unauthorised compromise of its official X account. This is contained in a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, on Saturday. Uba said the incident was being treated as a cybersecurity matter, with appropriate technical measures activated to secure the account […] Nigerian military raises alarm over attempt to hack its X account
DHQ alerts public over attempts to breach official X account
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) alerted members of the public, the media and all stakeholders that it has detected an attempted unauthorised compromise of its official X (formerly Twitter) account. The post DHQ alerts public over attempts to breach official X account appeared first on Vanguard News.
DHQ Nigeria Recovers Official X Account from Hackers
By Adedapo Adesanya The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has regained control of its official X account, @DHQNigeria, after the platform was compromised in an unauthorised cyberattack. The development comes a few days after the military authorities alerted the public that the account had been compromised and warned Nigerians to disregard suspicious or misleading posts published from […]
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 60% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















