Netanyahu announces plans to seek the dismissal of the head of Shin Bet internal security service
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced plans to dismiss Shin Bet director Ronen Bar, citing a crisis of confidence and failures to prevent the deadly Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel.
- Netanyahu blamed officials for failing to prevent the attack, claiming he was misled about Hamas' intentions.
- Critics argue that Netanyahu's actions aim to undermine independent institutions and bolster his power during his corruption trial.
- Ronen Bar stated that his loyalty is to the people of Israel, rejecting the expectation of personal loyalty from Netanyahu.
250 Articles
250 Articles
Israeli government wants to fire security chief
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet has voted to dismiss Ronen Bar, the head of the country's Shin Bet internal security service. The prime minister's office said in a statement late Friday, according to Haaretz. The decision was made unanimously. Netanyahu stated earlier this week that he wanted to fire Bar because he lacks confidence in her...
Thousands of Israelis against Netanyahu: «You are to blame»
Benjamin Netanyahu is not only at war with Hamas in Gaza, he also has his own conflict inside the country. More than 40,000 people left on Tuesday night to protest, once again, against the Israeli Prime Minister, after pulverizing the ceasefire after Tuesday’s bombing of Gaza. These demonstrations continued on Wednesday, with large rallies in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Thousands of Israelis gathered yesterday in front of the Parliament building in …
Expert: Israel's attack on Gaza linked to Netanyahu's political survival
Israel's renewed attack on Gaza can be seen in the light of Israeli domestic politics, where Prime Minister Netanyahu's government risks falling without the support of two far-right parties that want to continue the war: - This is linked to Benjamin Netanyahu's political survival, says Middle East expert Alexander Atarodi.
Thousands of Israelis protest Netanyahu's resumption of Gaza war, plans to fire Shin Bet head
Thousands of Israeli protesters Wednesday turned out to oppose the resumption of Israeli military attacks in Gaza and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's plan to fire Shin Bet intelligence head Ronen Bar.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources lean Left, 36% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage