Michigan schools could lose $40M with deadline change for federal COVID money
- The Trump administration has disqualified $42 million in federal grants previously approved for Michigan schools due to a deadline change from March 2026 to March 2025, according to FOX 2 Detroit.
- The NAACP and the National Education Association have filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration, claiming a violation of the constitutional separation of powers and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Dr. Michael Rice, Michigan state superintendent, stated that the decision to rescind funding for school infrastructure projects is unacceptable and threatens classroom spending.
44 Articles
44 Articles
NC education officials ask feds to restore $17M in federal Covid relief funds
The Trump administration has canceled about$17 million in federal pandemic stimulus dollars that NC schools were using for facility upgrades. They can re-apply to finish their projects.

Education Department announces end to pandemic-era funds
WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) -- In a letter to state education leaders, Secretary of Education Linda McMahon said the Department of Education would no longer fund COVID-era grants. Gov. Jeff Landry orders hiring freeze for state government to save $20M “Extending deadlines for COVID-related grants, which are in fact taxpayer funds, years after the COVID pandemic ended is not consistent with the Department’s priorities,” McMahon said in the letter.…
Michigan Education Leaders Decry Federal Funding Reversal, Claiming Harm To Students
Michigan State Superintendent Dr. Michael F. Rice and State Board of Education President Dr. Pamela Pugh have issued strong statements condemning the U.S. Department of Education’s recent decision to abruptly change the deadline for Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations and American Rescue Plan fund reimbursements, a move they argue will significantly harm Michigan students […] Michigan Education Leaders Decry Federal Fundi…

Funding for Michigan school projects in jeopardy pending federal cuts
(The Center Square) – The U.S. Department of Education announced last week it plans to re-evaluate the funding for more than $40 million in federal reimbursements for a series of Michigan school infrastructure projects.


KY education commissioner sounds alarm about sudden halt in federal COVID payments to schools
Kentucky Education Commissioner Robbie Fletcher on Tuesday urged school superintendents to contact their lawmakers in Congress about a sudden halt in payments from federal pandemic relief funds.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources lean Left
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage