Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Meghan Markle No Longer Being Considered For Netflix’s ‘The Gentlemen,’ Report Says

Tina Brown said the role was pulled after public hostility made the proposed acting comeback impossible.

  • On Saturday, royal author Tina Brown reported that the offer for Meghan Markle to appear in Season 3 of Guy Ritchie's drama 'The Gentlemen' has been withdrawn due to casting backlash.
  • Deadline reported Friday that Markle was in 'early talks' for the crime drama, but Brown noted the backlash in the UK was 'so intense, it became untenable to go forward.'
  • Sources told British entertainment writer Rob Shuter that the couple's 'marriage is in serious trouble' and moving to the United Kingdom is a last attempt to save it.
  • If the role is withdrawn, Tom Sykes reported that Prince Harry and their children, Archie and Lilibet, will likely move to the U.K. while Meghan will 'come and go' depending on work.
  • Observers remain skeptical, as Ritchie's series has not yet aired its second season and Sykes noted the 'level of general hostility' toward Meghan is 'off the charts' in the U.K.
Insights by Ground AI

72 Articles

Right

Two days ago there were speculations about a show offering for Duchess Meghan (45). She could be seen in the third season of the Netflix series "The Gentlemen", it was said. But now the journalist Tina Brown said that Meghan's role had been deleted ... This is what Brown wrote, which among other things led the "New Yorker" and published the "Vanity Fair", on Saturday on platform X. As a reason she called violent criticism of Meghan's alleged cas…

·Vienna, Austria
Read Full Article
Center

Meghan is not even seen in the Netflix series.

·Helsinki, Finland
Read Full Article
Lean Left

The much-talked return of Meghan Markle to acting, indicated by several sources as one of the main reasons for the stable return of the dukes of Sussex to the United Kingdom, turns into a yellow a few hours after the first rumors. At the center of the story there was an alleged agreement of more than a million pounds to enter [...] The article "Offered retreat for the protests of the British, threatens the boycott": the case Meghan Markle breaks…

·Rome, Italy
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 45% of the sources lean Left
45% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Forbes broke the news in Jersey City, United States on Saturday, August 22, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal