Mahershala Ali Reveals What Cancelled Blade Movie Has Taught Him as He Confirms Exit
Ali says Marvel’s Blade adaptation stalled after years of delays, and Kevin Feige previously said the script never came together.
- Oscar-Winning actor Mahershala Ali stated on Friday that Marvel Studios' Blade project stalled because the studio never got it off the ground, nearly seven years after the initial announcement.
- Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige previously acknowledged the project's struggles, admitting the script never materialized and confessing he felt like "a gigantic loser and a failure" over the repeated delays.
- In separate entertainment news, OnlyFans model Courtney Clenney reached a plea agreement regarding the 2022 fatal stabbing of her boyfriend, Christian Obumseli, avoiding a closely watched murder trial.
- Actor Shemar Moore faced an unexpected situation when a woman arrived at his Los Angeles-area home believing she was invited to live there; Moore's partner, Jesiree Dizon, contacted police.
- Authorities concluded the woman was a victim of a catfishing scheme, while Clenney's sentencing hearing is scheduled for Aug. 10, reflecting varied developments across entertainment.
28 Articles
28 Articles
8 Black Marvel Characters That Deserve Recognition in the MCU
Source: Jerod Harris / Getty It may not be deliberate, but Marvel’s treatment of Black-led stories has many fans side-eyeing them. Last week, Disney+ cancelled the highly anticipated season two of its critically acclaimed series, Wonder Man, and Mahershala Ali confirmed that he is moving on from the delayed Blade movie, which was previously announced in 2019.
While Spiderman or Wolverine live second youths, the film and video games projects of the African-American vampire hunter created in 1973 languish in a limbo of delays and rumors
Oscar-Winner Mahershala Ali Calls Out Disney and Marvel for Not Making 'Blade'
Actor Mahershala Ali was all set to appear in a remake of Marvel's "Blade" series, but ultimately the studio took a pass and now the proposed star is ripping the Disney-owned superhero franchise for failing to bring the film to fruition. The post Oscar-Winner Mahershala Ali Calls Out Disney and Marvel for Not Making ‘Blade’ appeared first on Breitbart.
"If They Wanted It, We Would've Done It": Mahershala Ali Blames Marvel For 'Blade' Cancellation
The ‘Blade’ reboot, which has been plagued by numerous problems for Marvel Studios, has hit another low, and this time the confirmation came directly from the actor at the center of it all. After years of delays, creative reshuffles, and endless speculation, Mahershala Ali has officially confirmed that he is no longer attached to the […] The post “If They Wanted It, We Would’ve Done It”: Mahershala Ali Blames Marvel For ‘Blade’ Cancellation app…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium














![New Avengers: Doomsday Trailer Puts Robert Downey Jr.'s Doctor Doom Front And Center [D23]](/_next/image?url=%2F_next%2Fstatic%2Fmedia%2Fgeneric_2_half.ff1d69ce.webp&w=1440&q=75)



