US jury in Luigi Mangione murder trial to remain anonymous
The judge cited high-profile concerns as prosecutors prepare to present surveillance video, DNA and a notebook allegedly describing hatred of insurers.
- Justice Gregory Carro ordered that jurors in Luigi Mangione's upcoming murder trial remain anonymous, shielding their identities amid intense public attention; jury selection begins September 8.
- Mangione is accused of shooting UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson outside a Manhattan hotel in December 2024, a killing that sparked graphic footage and a five-day manhunt making it a media sensation.
- Prosecutors plan to use hundreds of hours of surveillance video, fingerprints, DNA, and a notebook allegedly containing Mangione's writings against insurers; defense attorneys may argue an extreme mental health breakdown.
- Carro also ruled that an overflow courtroom will be available for the press and public if the main courtroom reaches capacity, ensuring trial access despite high-profile demand.
- Beyond the Manhattan murder trial, Mangione faces a separate federal stalking case scheduled to begin in January, requiring him to navigate two distinct legal proceedings simultaneously.
62 Articles
62 Articles
Mangione in plea talks to resolve US charges in Thompson case
NEW YORK — Luigi Mangione’s lawyers are discussing a possible guilty plea to resolve U.S. charges relating to the fatal shooting of UnitedHealth Group Inc. executive Brian Thompson, but no deal has been finalized, a person familiar with the matter…
Luigi Mangione Is Staring Down A Sentencing Twist As Plea Deal Negotiations Begin
PA State Police/MEGA Luigi Mangione and his team are about to pull an impactful stunt in his case! Mangione is reportedly engaging in talks with federal prosecutors that could potentially swing things in his favor; however, that fate remains open to the discretion of the judge. Luigi Mangione clocked 28 earlier this year after he escaped the death penalty in his case, and the day was marked with hefty donations towards his possible journey back …
Sources: Luigi Mangione plea discussion expected Friday in federal case
Prosecutors and defense lawyers in Luigi Mangione‘s federal case are expected to discuss a possible plea deal during a conference scheduled for federal court on Friday, sources said. Prosecutors and defense lawyers are not commenting. Negotiations for a possible guilty plea had also occurred prior to a hearing in June, sources said, though a deal was not reached. If Mangione ends up pleading guilty to federal charges in connection with the 2024 …
Victim's family gathers for prayer as murder trial begins
SIOUX CITY — As clouds began clearing from an early morning thunderstorm Wednesday, cedar smoke rose up into the still-humid air and surrounded Terri McCauley's family and their supporters. Gathered by a memorial near the site where McCauley's body was…
Luigi Mangione is charged with the murder of an American insurance executive, but has also been praised by some Americans.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


































