Nicolas Cage Mystery Deepens as LAPD Steps In Over Stolen Netflix Film
Afram says the missing drive held an unencrypted copy of Fortitude, and he is seeking at least $105 million in damages.
- Producer Simon Afram filed a report with the Hollywood Community Police Station on July 15 regarding the theft of a drive containing his WWII film, Fortitude, alleging Netflix employees suppressed evidence of the theft.
- On June 15, associate producer Daniel Haido delivered an unencrypted copy of the film to Netflix for viewing; ten days later, Netflix director Sean Berney emailed that the drive had been stolen from office desks.
- Afram sued Netflix for at least $105 million in economic damages, while Netflix accused the production team of hostile attempts to extort money by demanding $165 million rather than negotiating in good faith.
- Earlier this month, Afram added a defamation claim to his lawsuit against Netflix, which denies responsibility for the missing drive but has offered to monitor piracy sites for unauthorized distribution.
- The film Fortitude, starring Nicolas Cage and Sir Ben Kingsley, cost $45 million to produce, and Afram contends the missing unencrypted copy poses a constant risk of the movie appearing online for free.
11 Articles
11 Articles
The disappearance of a film starring Nicolas Cage came to the hands of the Los Angeles authorities. Los Angeles Police investigates a complaint filed against Netflix for the alleged loss of a hard drive containing Fortitude, a war drama set in World War II that had been handed over to the platform for screening and purchase.
Nicolas Cage Mystery Deepens as LAPD Steps In Over Stolen Netflix Film
Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images The Los Angeles Police Department is reportedly investigating the disappearance of Fortitude, an unreleased Nicolas Cage thriller that filmmakers allege was stolen from Netflix’s Hollywood headquarters. LAPD reportedly investigates after filmmakers file report over Netflix security breach As reported by Page Six Hollywood, a source said screenwriter, producer and financier Simon Afram personally filed a po…
LAPD investigates Nicolas Cage movie that went missing at Netflix
The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating a Nicolas Cage movie that went missing at Netflix last month. Producer Simon Afram has sued Netflix seeking economic damages of more than $100 million.
Producer files Los Angeles police complaint against Netflix over missing Nicolas Cage movie
Producer files Los Angeles police complaint against Netflix over missing Nicolas Cage movie Click this link for the original source of this article. Author: Just The News This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.offthepress.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by...
Los Angeles police are investigating the demand of a film producer against Netflix for the disappearance of a film, a war drama set in World War II and starring Nicolas Cage, who had been handed over to the platform for its premiere and distribution.The entry Authorities investigate the case of a movie by Nicolas Cage that disappeared from Netflix was first published in Digital Process.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources lean Left, 37% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
















