Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Clashes in the West Bank Kill a 19-Year-Old Palestinian-American, Palestinian Officials Say

  • Late Wednesday night, the Palestinian Health Ministry said clashes in the Israeli-occupied West Bank killed 19-year-old Nasrallah Muhammad Jamal Abu Siyam, a Palestinian-American, in Mukhmas, north of Jerusalem.
  • Rights groups say authorities routinely fail to prosecute settlers, and Yesh Din, Israeli rights group, reports investigations have plummeted under Itamar Ben-Gvir, National Security Minister; in a rare move earlier this week, Israeli prosecutors announced plans to charge a settler.
  • The Israeli military said soldiers responded to a violent confrontation and attempted to disperse a riot, adding that suspected shooters fired at several Palestinians evacuated for medical treatment.
  • On Thursday, the U.S. Embassy did not respond to requests, as violence from extremist settlers in the West Bank has soared in recent years.
  • More than 3.4 million Palestinians and 700,000 Israelis live in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem, and the international community views settlement construction as illegal and a peace obstacle.
Insights by Ground AI

27 Articles

Associated Press NewsAssociated Press News
+23 Reposted by 23 other sources
Lean Left

Clashes in the West Bank kill a 19-year-old Palestinian-American, Palestinian officials say

The Palestinian Health Ministry says a 19-year-old Palestinian-American man was killed late Wednesday in the West Bank after he was shot by settlers.

·United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 69% of the sources are Center
69% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

9NEWS Denver broke the news in Denver, United States on Thursday, February 19, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal