Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics
The military said reviews of 150 Gaza incidents found reasonable suspicion in two cases, while three aid-worker killings were left outside criminal probes.
- The Israeli military announced on August 19, 2026, that it has opened criminal investigations into the high-profile killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, six of her family members, and two Red Crescent paramedics who were dispatched to rescue her.
- In its statement, the military acknowledged for the first time that Israeli troops fired upon the civilian vehicle carrying Rajab and her relatives in Gaza City in January 2024, and later shelled the arriving Red Crescent ambulance.
- The military also launched a separate criminal probe into the killings of 15 Palestinian paramedics and emergency workers whose marked rescue vehicles came under fire in the southern Gaza region.
- Concurrent review findings led the military to decline criminal investigations into three other high-profile attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders, citing a lack of reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct.
- Family members of the victims, human rights organizations, and international legal groups expressed skepticism over the move, dismissing the internal military probes as insufficient and calling for an independent international inquiry.
278 Articles
278 Articles
Israel Opens Criminal Probe Into 5-Year-Old Hind Rajab’s Death
Internewscast Journal Internewscast Israel’s military has opened a criminal investigation into the deaths of five-year-old… This Post: Israel Opens Criminal Probe Into 5-Year-Old Hind Rajab’s Death first appeared on Internewscast Journal
On Wednesday, the Israeli army announced the opening of a criminal investigation into the death of five-year-old Hind Rajab, who was killed in Gaza in 2024.
Israel to launch criminal investigations into Gaza killings
Israel’s military said Wednesday it was launching criminal investigations into attacks that killed a Palestinian child and 15 Palestinian paramedics, the first such probes into troop conduct in Gaza. The incidents had provoked international scrutiny of the country’s assault on Gaza. The rare move, The Wall Street Journal wrote, reflects Israel’s “sensitivity to criticism” over the lack of accountability for its soldiers’ actions during the war, …
Israel admits firing on car where five-year-old died
The Israeli military on Wednesday admitted its troops fired on a car carrying five-year-old Hind Rajab in Gaza in 2024, saying it had ordered a criminal investigation into the killing, which drew international outrage. Hind Rajab's body was recovered from a car riddled with bullets in Gaza City days after she was last heard from in a desperate, hours-long phone call to the Palestinian Red Crescent on January 29, 2024. The Israeli military had pr…
The Israeli army admitted that its troops had opened fire on the car of Palestinian woman Hind Rajab, who had been killed in 2024 in Gaza.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium










































