Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics
- The Israeli military announced on August 19, 2026, that it has opened criminal investigations into the high-profile killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, six of her family members, and two Red Crescent paramedics who were dispatched to rescue her.
- In its statement, the military acknowledged for the first time that Israeli troops fired upon the civilian vehicle carrying Rajab and her relatives in Gaza City in January 2024, and later shelled the arriving Red Crescent ambulance.
- The military also launched a separate criminal probe into the killings of 15 Palestinian paramedics and emergency workers whose marked rescue vehicles came under fire in the southern Gaza region.
- Concurrent review findings led the military to decline criminal investigations into three other high-profile attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders, citing a lack of reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct.
- Family members of the victims, human rights organizations, and international legal groups expressed skepticism over the move, dismissing the internal military probes as insufficient and calling for an independent international inquiry.
208 Articles
208 Articles
Israel opens criminal probes over killing of 5-year-old girl
srael’s military will open internal investigations over its troops’ high-profile killings in Gaza of 5-year-old Palestinian girl Hind Rajab in January 2024 and 15 emergency and aid workers in March 2025, it said on Wednesday, although rights groups said such probes rarely lead to convictions. The military said the investigation decisions followed probes by its […]
Israel's military to investigate Gaza attacks, and other major developments in the Middle East
The Israeli military plans a criminal investigation into the killings of a 5-year-old Palestinian girl and her family, as well as 15 paramedics in Gaza. Wednesday's decision follows reviews of 150 incidents of troop conduct during the Gaza war. Meanwhile,…
The Israeli army leaves out of consideration in the statement other much-discussed deadly attacks that it previously said it would investigate.
The Israeli army, which admits that its fighters attacked the girl's family vehicle in January 2024, also announces a criminal investigation into the death of 15 paramedics by firing their troops in 2025.
The 5-year-old girl became a symbol of Israel's massacre of Palestinian minors: On January 29, 2024 the little girl traveled with her family to Gaza City when they were surrounded and burned down.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































