US Slams 'Terror' as Israel Sends Troops to Settler Siege
The military removed a tent blocking supplies, but settlers stayed at the scene as residents reported no food or medicine.
- On Wednesday, Israeli military forces failed to remove settlers blockading Palestinian homes in Qusra, a village south of Nablus, after the outpost was established on Sunday.
- The Israeli military declared the area a "closed military zone" and removed a makeshift tent Wednesday morning, yet settlers remained at the site despite officials condemning the actions as "illegal, reprehensible and unacceptable activity."
- Resident Qusai Abu Rida told AFP by telephone that despite military withdrawal, "The army has withdrawn, and so far we are still besieged, with the settlers at our doorstep."
- More than 300 military reservists signed a petition on Wednesday criticizing IDF leadership for failing to stop what they describe as "Jewish terrorism" in the West Bank.
- Israeli politics has shifted rightward, with a survey released on Wednesday showing 38 per cent of Jewish Israelis support annexing the occupied West Bank, where 500,000 settlers reside in territory the international community considers illegal.
37 Articles
37 Articles
How many times can you write that settler violence in the West Bank is escalating before the words lose their meaning? It has been a dark summer. A black year. And anyone who tries to protest risks not only their own life – but the safety of their entire family.
Since Sunday, Israeli settlers have been besieging houses of Palestinian families in the West Bank. First, Israel's army has removed the settlers' tents, now it is asking the residents to leave their homes.
Israeli settlers have surrounded the homes of two Palestinian families in the occupied West Bank for days, trapping residents. They have also cut off water and electricity. The blockade began on Sunday when Israeli settlers in the town of Qusra, south of Nablus, surrounded one of the three homes and blocked all exits. Since then, the residents have been unable to leave their home and visitors are being kept out. According to the United Nations,…
Palestinian families remain trapped as illegal settlers surround West Bank homes
Palestinian families in the occupied West Bank village of Qusra remained confined to their homes on Thursday after illegal Israeli settlers blocked access to the properties and water and electricity supplies, according to residents and reports from the area. The confrontation began on Sunday in Qusra, south of Nablus. Palestinian residents said settlers established a presence outside their homes and prevented people and supplies from reaching th…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

































