Israel strikes Beirut for first time since ceasefire deal agreed with Hezbollah
- Israel has launched an attack on Beirut for the first time since the ceasefire ended the Israel-Hezbollah war in November 2024, according to the Associated Press.
- Hezbollah denied firing rockets at northern Israel, with no other group claiming responsibility for the rocket attacks, as they claimed to be committed to the November ceasefire.
- Israel's military stated it warned residents to evacuate parts of Beirut's southern suburbs before the strike occurred.
- The UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon described the exchange of fire as deeply concerning, indicating rising tensions in the region.
350 Articles
350 Articles
Three killed, seven injured in Israeli strike in Beirut
At least three people were killed and seven wounded in an Israeli airstrike on Beirut's southern suburbs, the Lebanese health ministry said, further testing a shaky four-month ceasefire between Israel and the Iran-aligned group.
Lebanon makes arrests over rockets fired at Israel
BEIRUT: Lebanese authorities said Sunday several suspects had been arrested after rockets were fired at neighboring Israel earlier this month, testing a fragile November ceasefire. Lebanon’s General Security agency said it had “arrested a number of suspects, and the relevant authorities have begun investigations with them to determine responsibility and take the appropriate
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 36% of the sources lean Left
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage