Iranian Adviser Rezaee Says Tehran Considered Strikes on Ukraine
Rezaee said Iran prepared to hit three sites before canceling the plan after Kyiv apologized, as diplomats intervened to defuse the standoff.
- On Monday, August 3, 2026, Iranian senior military officer Mohsen Rezaei claimed Iran prepared to strike three sites in Ukraine, alleging the operation was canceled following an apology from Kyiv.
- Tensions escalated after Ukrainian forces struck an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea last month, transporting military equipment to Russia and killing an Iranian civilian sailor.
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha spoke with Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi on July 28, 2026, arguing that Ukraine's actions were directed solely at defending the country from Russian aggression.
- Diplomats defused the situation after the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps threatened retaliation, though Rezaei warned that Tehran would not permit any 'illegal route' in the Strait of Hormuz.
- Analysts note the official offered no evidence for the alleged apology or specific targets, while Iran possesses ballistic missiles with theoretical range to reach Ukraine.
61 Articles
61 Articles
The United States and Iran are once again launching attacks on each other. Peace negotiations between the two countries are hanging in the balance, and unrest in the Middle East is growing. Follow the latest developments in the Middle East in our live blog.
Iran adviser says Tehran called off planned strikes on Ukraine after alleged apology
A senior adviser to Iran’s Supreme Leader, Mohsen Rezaei, has claimed that Tehran scrapped plans for strikes on three targets inside Ukraine after Kyiv allegedly apologized for an incident involving an Iranian ship in the Caspian Sea. “We were ready to strike three targets on Ukrainian territory, but after the country apologized, we called off the attack,” Rezaei was quoted as saying by Israeli outlet Ynet. However, neither Ukraine nor Iran had …
Iran prepared a series of attacks on targets in Ukraine but gave up at the last moment. Iranians changed their minds after the Ukrainians apologized. The scandal started after the Ukrainians accidentally attacked an Iranian ship in the Caspian Sea. Article Alert to the Black Sea! Iran wanted to attack targets in Ukraine but gave up at the last moment first appeared on Romania TV.
Iran considered strikes on Ukraine as Caspian Sea tensions spiked, adviser says
Iran's warning of retaliation against Ukraine comes as both sides trade accusations over a strike that killed one Iranian crew member and wounded three others. 'Even if it was a mistake, it still requires compensation,' Mohsen Rezaee, a senior adviser to Iran's leadership, said
Iran was prepared to strike three Ukrainian sites over sunken ship but paused after Kyiv’s explanation, Tehran claims
Iran was prepared to carry out strikes on Ukraine after Kyiv attacked an Iranian cargo ship in the Caspian Sea last month but suspended the plan after Ukraine said the strike had been unintended, a senior adviser to Iran's supreme leader has claimed. According to Radio Svoboda, Mohsen Rezaei, an adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, made the remarks during an interview with Iranian state television on 3 August. "We were ready to strike …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 47% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



































