Skip to main content
institutional access

You are connecting from
Lake Geneva Public Library,
please login or register to take advantage of your institution's Ground News Plan.

Published loading...Updated

Iran’s President Says US Memorandum Is Best Path Out of Stalled War

Pezeshkian said the expired memorandum could revive investment as sanctions and a naval blockade squeeze Iran’s economy, while talks remain deadlocked.

  • On Sunday, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian defended the expired U.S. memorandum of understanding as the best path out of a 'neither war nor peace' stalemate, insisting there is "not a single provision in this agreement that amounts to capitulation."
  • The memorandum, signed by President Donald Trump in June, established a 60-day framework for ending the conflict; that period ended last week with no compromise on reopening the Strait of Hormuz, vital to global shipping.
  • Mohsen Rezaei, the newly appointed head of the Iranian Supreme National Security Council, warned neighbors against joining U.S. economic pressure, saying "If wants to do something, we will retaliate in a seismic manner."
  • Pakistan's Field Marshal Asim Munir will lead an official delegation to Tehran on Monday to strengthen bilateral cooperation and urge both nations to return to the negotiating table.
  • Amid a U.S. naval blockade and international sanctions, Pezeshkian argued that removing geopolitical risk is essential to attract foreign investment, as Iran's economy has suffered for nearly six months.
Insights by Ground AI

104 Articles

PerthNowPerthNow
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

Iran president says US memorandum best path out of war

Iran's president has defended a memorandum of understanding with the United States as the best way to end a stalled conflict.

·Osborne Park, Australia
Read Full Article
El DiarioEl Diario
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Center

Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian defended a memorandum of understanding with the United States, ensuring that it is the best way out of a war that has remained stalled. Meanwhile, the new head of the Islamic Republic’s top security agency warned in a stronger tone that there will be reprisals if neighboring countries support US threats to impose additional sanctions on Tehran. In addition, the head of the Pakistan Army plans to travel to Tehra…

Pittsburgh Post-GazettePittsburgh Post-Gazette
+4 Reposted by 4 other sources
Center

Iran’s president says U.S. memorandum is best path out of stalled war, and other Middle East news

Iran's president on Sunday defended a memorandum of understanding with the United States as the best way out of a stalled war while...

·Pittsburgh, United States
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 57% of the sources are Center
57% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Eldiario.es broke the news in Madrid, Spain on Saturday, August 22, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal